Monday, March 15, 2010

AmBank Customers' Service Sucks.....


                        Not My Preferred Choice!

Is it really so difficult to get things done these days especially when one has to deal with the bank? You see, 3 weeks ago I contacted AmBank to request for a bank statement to settle my personal loan. I had to call them numerous times just to get the correct requisition form.  Every time I called up, a different officer spoke to me and I seriously think not all of them knew they job well.  I felt like being sent on a wild goose chase just to get the right form!  Finally, as I was filling up the form, I found something was not quite right and called them to double check. Guess what, I was told it was a WRONG form AGAIN!! I couldn’t believe my ears!?  I had to repeat my explanation to them for what I needed and they finally faxed me the correct form. This time with the right form in hand, I furnished them with all the information required and I happily faxed it back to them. To ensure everything was in place, I called them up to acknowledge receipt of my form and they did and I waited with abated breath for their reply. 

Assuming everything was orderly, I waited patiently for 3 weeks but heard no news from the bank.  I knew something was wrong. I rang them up to check on the status of my request and OMG, I was told they didn’t receive my form! The officer whom earlier acknowledged receipt of my form had mistaken it for someone else’s!! My mood changed from glee to getting annoyed.  How could I not blow my top, you tell me? I had to re-fax the form and re-start the waiting process all over again. And this time around, another officer promised  she'd personally look into my request and made sure it would be done. 

I wonder if some of these customers' service officers are competent enough to do the job.  Well, will see what happens in another a week or so. Hopefully, they wouldn't give me silly excuses for not processing my request again and mind you, it’s not for free, okay. I had to pay for their service – lousy service that is!

In short, Ambank customers' service sucks!

1 comment:

  1. I have been into this also. Ambank customer service personnel are not well trained and they never mention either sending warning letter call or even giving statement. Suddenly they will call me up and saying: "Miss,you have one monnth pending for car installment, if you not pay in 3 days time, we will tow away your car...."

    ReplyDelete