Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes, A Typical Auntie I Am!...LOL

"Don't think of the price, just grab whatever you like from the shelf!", cried my nephew. "Yeah, sure!", I replied him as he volunteered to go shopping with me.  The best part was that hubby agreed to sponsor my shopping spree without a blink of an eye (so loving him for his generous gesture).  Budget set at RM1,000 and of course, I knew I wouldn't exceed it ..;-)

I arrived at the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur at eleven in the morning and found my way to our meeting point, La Bodega.  I heard a lot about this place but haven't been there myself.   We settled down in a cozy spot and I ordered a cup of warm creamy cappucino and their signature dish, "American Breakfast".  And much to my chagrin, the food wasn't up to my expectation.  The review of their breakfast set is so over-rated but their cappuccino tasted good though.

After filling up our empty tummies, we headed straight for  Bossini where I bought a casual denim dress.  And before I could even took out my wallet to pay, my nephew flashed out his membership card to collect points!  Apparently, he is a frequent patron to Pavilion and had just started to accumulate points not long ago to become Pavilion VIP member.  Hahaha!  Next, we advanced to Okaidi, Pumpkin Patch and Gap Kids.  We went about checking out and comparing prices - oops not WE, actually I.  My nephew teased me for being such a "typical auntie".  Anyway, after much comparisons, I purchased two pairs of leggings and a long sleeve shirt from Gap Kids for my little one.

The branded lady handbags shop, Tod's caught my eye.  I walked in, took a brief tour around the shop and immediately fell in love with a gorgeous tote bag but my conscience said, "not this time, save the money for other things" and walked out.    My nephew has such high taste. He took me to Armani Exchange and made me tried on an off-shoulder purple blouse priced at RM250.  I can't deny the fact that it did give me a fresh look but I just couldn't convinced myself to buy it.  Price was one thing and furthermore, the design was too formal for the office and casual outings.  

We last shopped at Dorothy Perkins.  My nephew was quick to choose some blouses for me,  which designs I wouldn't bother to look if I were alone by my own.  Well, those pieces turned out to look good on me - something simple yet practical. I could wear them to work and for my weekend outings with hubby.   And that last transaction of day at Dorothy Perkins qualified my nephew to become a VIP member.  I got a discount on the spot and a RM25 voucher for my next purchase! Not too bad, huh.

My total spending for the day was RM350, way below my budget.  I was teased and mocked at for being such a typical auntie for checking and comparing prices, having no guts to put on something far too different from my usual style and always keeping tab on my budget. Hahaha!.. Nonetheless, this rare retail therapy with my nephew was a fun day out for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment