Wednesday, February 3, 2010

新年来了!!..祝大家新年快乐....:-))

Chinese New Year is just less than 2 weeks away and I haven’t prepared a thing! Previously, at this time everything is already in order. You could see boxes of assorted cookies nicely stacked up on my kitchen table top, big bright red lanterns hung decorously at the car porch and pussy willow beautifully “dressed” up with ornaments…....but this year, none is done yet!

CNY doesn’t really mean much to me these days and my kid is also obviously too young to understand what CNY is all about. To her, it’s merely an occasion to collect angpau-s from grannies/ granddad/god-ma/uncles/aunties/friends and dressing up in new clothes. She doesn't even get to see firecrackers or play with sparkles like I once used to when I was little (thanks to the ban imposed by government :-( ).  As usual, we don’t have any specific itineraries, just the same old year-in and year-out and probably get on the road for some impromptu outings with friends. I suppose the only difference this year is that we’re gonna have our reunion dinner at home unlike in the past we celebrated at my hubby’s grandma’s place.

Well, it’s our tradition to visit my mom on the first day of CNY, hang out with my siblings, play some card games (with husband's permission, of course ;-) ) and entertain some closest friends at my mom’s. In those days when my dad was still alive, he’d hire a troupe of lion dancers to perform lion dance to summon some good luck and fortune and since his passing, we don't carry on with the practice. This year, my girl is hoping to see one and I’ve promised her that she will. Few years back, she was very afraid of the loud combination beating sounds of the cymbals/drums/gong and hopefully this time around, she’d be less frightened by the deafeaning sounds and enjoys the Chinese acrobatics dance :-)

I better sign out and get going to the supermarket to buy some cookies.....and wishing everyone double happiness, double health and double of everything in this Year of the Tiger...*RAAAWWRR*..:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment